Trebuchet Challenge - Tower of London
When and where
Took place on 20th November 2008 from 09:00 till 16:00
Venue Tower of London, Royal Armouries
During this years Enterprise Week (17 - 22 Novemeber 2008), pupils are whisked back in time to the Tower of London, and charged with the task of designing and building an ancient medieval trebuchet! Using the woodworking resources provided, pupils work as a team to…:
- Discuss the theory behind levers and counter weights
- Design and construct a trebuchet
- Devise a mediaeval marketing plan for their trebuchet
- Plan mass-production for their weapon
- Take their trebuchet out on the firing range for some target practise!
This is a golden opportunity to meet students from other LEP schools, which helps develop interpersonal and communicative skills. In previous years, pupils have enjoyed the chance to learn outside of the school environment, and participate in a fun, competitive challenge.
Teachers are required to attend with their students.This event is now fully booked.
For further information, please contact: Ahmed Kotb (firstname.lastname@example.org)